Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Como se diz... "I lost hair over this subject line"

Paz e bênçoãs fam!!! (peace n blessings)

A few of you have been worried about what I´m doing without sodalicious, but tudo bem because
I still have guanara and bueno bars!!!!

This week we watched a broadcast of the MTC devotional from Provo, and it was perrrrrfection! Neil L. Anderson spoke, HE GAVE A S/O TO FORTALEZA (his grandson is there and is having a lot of success..eeeep!!) and I want to share a little bit of it with yáll! He talked about four words: sacrifice, opposition, adversary, and deliverance. I wish I could just scan my notes because everything he said helped me so much, but the main point is that we´re going to face the first three words always.. on a mission or not on a mission! The good news is that we will always be delivered by Heavenly Father. My favorite story he told was about when he was a mission president in France. He said that he was very concerned about missionaries coming to him all the time saying, "why is learning this language so hard when I´m trying my best to learn it for something so good?" and "why am I feeling so much opposition?". Elder Anderson prayed about it, and he received this thought, "you don´t have to worry about their suffering-- you didn´t call them, I did. If they want to be relieved then have them come to me." I love this story because it´s so #relatable. My friends at the CTM can be there for me, and my professors can help me, but the only peace I really want/need comes from Jesus Christ. He has called each of us to do something right now, and even if it seems hard I promise that he will always always always help us. ALSO, both of our "investigators" are getting baptized! Even though it´s just practice, both moments were really cool. It felt like my companheira and I, Heavenly Father, and Luana/Wescley were all on the same page. I can´t wait to feel the same way, but outside the CTM and better!

Everything is tudo bem, and I´m really happy. It´s almost summertime here so it´s getting really buggy. Bugs are always in the showers (ew), but they crawl in to the cracks when I get in so at least they´re polite! #nochillinbrazil

Tchao Por Agora!! (chao for now), Seeeester Moon

This picture was found on the facebook page of missionties aka Mr. Cheney's cookies, an American Cookie store across the street from the mission training center (CTM).


p.s. a few other comments that Mallory made in some back and forth emails today....

"It's hard for me to speak awesome Portugese at meals, but when talking about gospel topics, it just comes to mind a little easier....It's all still super hard, but on Fast Sunday, we fasted for 24 hours and I fasted for help learning Portuguese and its coming a little easier this week."

"Something I've learned being here...Is that God won't take away your problems.  The point of having trials is to learn from them and mostly to lean to lean on The Lord."

"lolz today I bought a fanny pack from the buddha store and its pretty sweet. {Mom then responded with} "I think fanny packs are awesome!  It's the benefit a purse without having to carry it.  I wish they would totally come back in style.  I would wear one every day!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment