Wednesday, November 18, 2015

don't be tardy for the party

Boa tarde friendz and fam! I can´t believe this is my last pday at the CTM! I´m beyond excited to get to Fortaleza, but I´ll miss the friends I made here so much-- and I´ll also miss the breakfast paninis!

I think I figured out why Brazil is so green and beautiful-- it rains all the time! Last night a literal tsunami hit São Paulo (not really, but enough to make the electricity go out a couple times) and we accidentally left our window open #blessed. Our room was soaked, but on the bright side, my suitcase takes less time to blow dry than my hair.

The other day I was talking to someone who left on Tuesday for their mission, and we were talking
about how even though we´ve been here for 5/6 weeks, it´s felt like years!! (in a good way lol). We were talking about the most important things we´ve learned so far, so I want to share a couple with y´all.

"Just because God is smiling on someone else, doesn´t mean he´s frowning on you". Learning Portuguese and so much about the gospel in such a short amount of time is challenging, and when I wasn't fluent within the first two weeks #theimpossibledream, I was really upset. I felt like other people were picking it up out of thin air, and it was discouraging, but now I feel that it was because I needed to learn to trust that Heavenly Father would help me. I don´t think he´s ever frowning on us-- just waiting for us to ask for help.

"Pagar o Preço/Remember who´s time you´re on"- These are written on our board in our class room, and they´re kind of cheesy. I love what they´ve come to mean though! Picture the vine of the little girl crying/saying that she needs a nap, and that´s my brain at least once a day. But when I look at the board, I remember that Jesus Christ payed the price for me and all of the people I´ll teach, and everyone in the world, and ALSO the next 17 months are not my time for naps. Whenever I remember this, I feel like I have more energy to learn & #werk.

6 more days until I´m a real Brasiliera in Fortaleza!! Paz e Bênçõas, Sister Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment