Monday, November 30, 2015

minha nossa (MY GOODNESS)



Mom! Dad! I´m alive! Hola everyone!
My pday was skipped because I´m in Fortaleza!!! Well I was for five days doing training, and now I´m in the cutest town about four hours inland called Limoeiro do Norte. I thought there could not be a hotter place in the world than Fortaleza, but 7 degrees from the equator does not mess around, and Limoeiro do Norte has ZERO BREEZE!!! But I´m ok!! lol. There are also rats the size of cats. They literally call them cats, and it´s been really difficult for me to adjust to the living conditions, but the people here are amazing. They have pure hearts, and are so humble and Christ-like. I´m so lucky to serve them.
The roads here are sand and cobble stone, so dirt road anthem is literally my anthem, and everyone has chickens!! It´s awesome. There are also horses, cows, and dogs just strolling accross the roads all the time. I love it. 
My companion´s name is Sister Sanchez and she is from Columbia. She does not speak any English, but we get by with the little Portuguese and very little Spanish I know. She is an amazing trainer, and I know I´ll be able to learn a lot from her. 
Limoeiro do Norte is a new area with not even a branch, but a group of about 15 people. We are teaching WONDERFUL people, so I´m excited to see this place grow! 
Oh ALSO, I tore my meniscus at the CTM... volley´d too hard I guess. It´s been rough because our area is so big, and we´re walking 20ish miles a day. My comp has a fit bit #yas. As difficult as this has been... like really difficult lol my testimony of putting trust in Heavenly Father has grown so much. I love Alma 26:12, "yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my own strength I am weak"... never has this been so #relatable! hahaha. But I love how it says "I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things." 
President Fusco is MELHOR, even though he only gives us 40 minutes to email!!! #cryingemoji I really love him, and I´m so lucky to be in his mission! 
We didn´t have anything special for thanksgiving, but the night before all of the new missionaries had an amazing dinner at President Fusco´s home, so I´m counting that as my thanksgiving! This year thanksgiving was really put in perspective, and I´m very thankful for all of you! 
LOVE YOU ALL,
Seester Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment