Monday, December 7, 2015

HOOOLA!

I already feel at home here.  I couldn't have a better companion/roommates/district/group!  The language is clicking and I have "halleluja" moments everyday when words that I've only heard once or twice are brought to my remembrance.  That's how I know how much Heavenly Father must love his children, because I can't do that on my own!

I would like to say that I'm getting used to the bugs too, but I'm not!  There was some sort of preganant bug in our house this week and my roommates were taking pictures of it - I immediately killed it because - ew & they didn't get pictures - lolz oops, but there will not be any insect filhos in minha casa!

Also, I have my first experience without running water and showering with a bucket!  I'm a real brazilian missionary now.  I've never thought about all of the things we need water for until now - mad respect to whoever has done this before!  I'm dying haha.

On the bright side/more important side, lots of people want to get baptized!   We also have a wedding!  I'm so excited for planning the festa.  I knew that choosing event planning for ISM  (high school program) would pay off some day! s/o Kristin  s/o Mrs. Secord  [note on the wedding:  There are many couples that have families and are together, but not actually married because of the cost.  I loveeee this couple!  The are both 38 and they are really really sweet.  They give us fruit and are really nice about my Portuguese and they are getting married next week and then baptized the week after!

This quote from Deiter F. Uchtdorf from conference basically sums up what our main message to our investigators has been, and its so true!

"God will take you as you are at this very moment and begin to work with you.  All you need is a willing heart, a desire to believe, and trust in the Lord."

Happy late birthday Mak, Brad, and Chong!  Eu amo voces!  HEBD Miss Bailey High!  Wish you were here to get #fitbitgainz

Tchau Tchau now y'all   *to the tune of cha cha slide*

Seesta Moon





If there is anyone I'm always asking to speak slower, "Mais devegar por favor,"  it's these two.  I love them!  They teach me cool things like "Miss Mary Mack"  in Portuguese.  Kauana and Elayne were my first friends here!





My contribution to our district meeting was "Selfie Joga Forca"  - It was important enough to make the board!  Yay




My companheira gave me the best mani/pedi ever!




If I see a bug, I kill it with whatever is in my hand - this time it was my hymn book!




This is the not so homeless cat I see everyday.  We're a lot closer than we look, but I still don't want rabies!!





This is where we have church.  47 people came on Sunday, but  our goal is 80!  8 of our investigators came.


2 comments:

  1. Love it, Sister Moon! Really proud of you. :) Love you! (Julie)

    ReplyDelete