Monday, December 21, 2015

Early Feliz Natal & Happy New Year!

Christmas Conference was amazing.  I got to see all of my friends from the CTM and meet everyone else in my mission.  Out of all of the North Americans, probably 50% are from Texas #represent.  President Fusco and Sister Fusco do a really good job at making us feel at home with lots of decorations and PANCAKES #therealmvp - I still miss your waffles more though, Dad!  We also watched Kung Fu Panda in Portuguese - not the same, but still!


When we got home, we had one normal day and then Neide and Vilamar's wedding the next!  They got married in Quixarda (about an hour and a half west of Limoero do Norte) and it was so fun!  They were so happy & glowing!  Quixarda is SO cool.  There are basically huge rocks that aren't really mountains, but not really hills either & one is shaped like a rooster.  We also got to see the other missionaries in that area at the wedding, so it was good to see them again even though it had only been two days since conference.


Neide and Vilamar were baptized yesterday!  They were already the sweetest, kindest people ever, but their eyes were so sparkly and full of love when they came out of the water.


I'm 1 out of 3 North Americans in Limoeiro - so I look different and get a lot of questions, but I love it because when people ask me why I came all the way from the USA to interior (state of) Ceara, Brazil, I get to point to Jesus' name on my name tag and tell them how much I love my Savior.  So in the spirit of Natal, I want to share with y'all my testimony of my best Friend and my Redeemer!

Jesus Christ understands me perfectly, he even understands my Portuguese perfectly - which I know is no easy task!  I know that even though he was buried in a tomb, that he lives.  Just like I miss my family, I know he misses us.  He wants us to do everything we can to return back to Him & He wants/is willing to help us!  We are special to Him!  We are engraven on the palms of His hands.  Giving us salvation was in no way easy for Him, but He was willing to save us because He loves us.  I know he left his loving Father from the most glorious place to come to earth to suffer every kind of physical and spiritual pain - all of our pains.  I know your name crossed His mind in Gethsemene & that he knows just how hard your trials are because He's already been there.  I'm trying to grow closer to Him everyday because that is where I am happiest.  I know that when you trust your everything in Him, that he will take the best care of you.  He has the power to give us renewed hope, to mold us perfectly, and to love us unconditionally.  I pray everyday to be a little worthier to wear His name, the name that brought the most marvelous of good tidings of great joy to the Earth.  I love Him with all of my heart, and I'm so happy he was born.   Merry Christmas!

I love you all very much.  Watch a lot of Charlie Brown & eat some pie for me.

Love,

Seester Moon

"nothing is small where love is big"

Watermelon is amazing here, but we hate carrying it to our house.
A cool gym/park by our house.
This is our group at local congregation Christmas Party

The first time my comp has seen rain here and she goes home to Columbia next transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment