Tuesday, December 15, 2015

vai dar certo

Hola!

This week was so great for a few different reasons! First, someone guessed I was Italian and not American yesterday. Maybe my accent is improving-- but I think that´s wishful thinking, and I´m just getting tanner. Also, I heard "Run The World" in a convenience store WITH air conditioning, and I was in heaven. Tears were almost shed when she gave a shout-out to Houston, Texas. Most importantly though, Andreza was able to get baptized! I absolutely ADORE this cute, little menina. She is twelve years old, and has such a strong testimony. When her mom finally allowed her to get baptized, she was crying tears of joy! It was so sweet. I´m so happy Andreza was able to find us so that we could help her find someone to love her and help her perfectly-- and so much more than we can. Her Savior! It was his love that softened her Mom´s heart, and his love that gave Andreza the desire to know him better!

Since the church is just starting in Limoeiro, and we just have a teeny-tiny group, there aren´t any baptismal fonts close by, and the ponds don´t have any water in them right now, so we use swimming pools! 

I honestly don´t know who´s pool we were using, but an Irma in our group called ahead and asked if we could use their pool for a baptism. We show up, and there is a literal festa/party/rager going on in this pool. I wish someone were there to take a picture of the missionaries´faces, because all of our jaws were dropped. BUT, vai dar certo, the show must go on! The party people were super nice, and turned off their music for the baptism, and then we said "tchau tchau" really fast and left!

Today I arrived in Fortaleza for the mission Christmas conference, and I´m so excited! Also, Neide and Vilamar get married this week. After 3 kids and 20ish years of being together, they are sealing the deal so they can get baptized! I´m so happy for them! Neide is my mom away from mom, and they both are just the best. Today marks two months in Brazil! It´s starting to go by fast.

Hugs, kisses, and warm wishes!
678- triple 9-8212
Seesta Moon

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your letters! I share your stories with my seminary class!

    ReplyDelete