Monday, December 28, 2015

"If you're reading this, Papai Noel was here" - Drake

"OY!"  I hope everyone had a fun Christmas and if you didn't eat cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning, please eat one for me right now!


Our district received a special surprise from President Fusco this week - we got to travel to Fortaleza for Natal!  Honestly, I'm so thankful we were able to go, because all of our members were going out of town & Christmas was looking a little bleak.  My companion and another Elder in my district spent almost their whole missions in the same area in Fortaleza, so we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with families that they knew well from their previous service areas.  Our mission has a house for the "interior sisters" to stay in when we come to Fortaleza for an interview, doctors appt, conference, etc.  and its so fun!  I love the sisters that live at the "Casa de Apoio,"  and we all went caroling/visiting members on Christmas Eve.  We were singing in Portuguese to people I didn't know, but I was able to listen to people bear their testimonies of Jesus Christ, and I was able to talk about how much I love him too!  A spirit of love entered peoples' homes, and that's the message of Natal!  Jesus Christ was born for love.  It was a really special Christmas - I still wanted my family and friends, but it was still a lot of fund, AND I GOT TO SKYPE MY FAM, Que bençao!






Fun Facts of the week:
  1. I never knew I was afraid of clowns until one chased me down the street  - 3 stray dogs started to run with me lolz.  The clown ended up being really nice.  he just wanted to sell us candy!  I'm still glad the dogs had my back though. 
  2. If you ever miss me, look up Gusttavo Lima and I'm probably singing/dancing to one of his songs in the street.  He's a homie!
  3. I've noticed Limoeiro is REALLY abundant in two things lately:  Churches and Acai Bowl places.  To all my Provo Gurlz - ya'll would be in Heaven!  But its still no Ivies.
  4. I can finally tell the difference between gunshots and fireworks!!  It makes life a lot easier.
  5. Yesterday the Elders had a baptism, but they couldn't find a pool to use so for two hours yesterday we walked around Limoeiro asking people if they had a pool.  I felt like a girl scout!!  Nobody had a pool, but we met a lot of new nice people and the Elders had their baptism in a water park!  #goals

TCHAU, TCHAU!

Seesta Moon


The highlight of our Christmas breakfast


The ying to my yang in Fortaleza, SISTA RUSHING

district meetings are nothing without the pole de selfie


No comments:

Post a Comment