Monday, January 4, 2016

gabolice-licious

Happy New Year everyone!  So, I'm in Fortaleza again...for the second time this week (the first was for interviews), but this time I'm dropping off my companion, Sister Sanchez, who is going back to Columbia!  I feel like I'm experiencing a death or something.  Having your "Mai" vai embora is traumatizing!  But not as traumatizing as having a BAT in your house!!

On this week's episode of Bindi the Jungle Girl or Survivor or somewhere in between, a real life bat would not leave our house.  I keep having dreams of myself sleeping with bats all over me #wildlifegoals

Other than gaining a new roommate, other exciting and not so exciting things happened.  We had festas on festas.  Elder Gomes da Silva had a birthday.  We threw a going away party for Elder Hamrick and Sister Sanchez and for New Years Eve, we ate lots of churascos.  Our neighbors/everyone in Limoeiro were setting off actual stadium sized fireworks in our backyard.  I kinda felt like I was going to catch fire, but in the words of Katy Perry "let your colors burn!"  Nobody was feeling like a plastic bag!  (McC, I know you've been wondering this!)

Other good news is that I've been getting lots of compliments on my Portuguese (which has been a struggle) #PRAISES, and Sister Sanchez and I found really great families to teach!

But this week was also really hard.  It's hard when at the last minute people don't want to come to church or get baptized.  It's hard because I just want them to be happy & to have the happiness the gospel brings.  It's all good though, next week will be better!

I've read this quote probably 30 times this week because it's just perfect:  "I have absolute certain knowledge, perfect knowledge that God loves us.  He is good.  He is our Father and He expects us to pray and trust and be believing and not give up and not panic and not retreat and not jump ship when something doesn't seem to be going just right.  We stay in, we keep working, we keep believing, keep trusting, following the same path, and we will live to fall in His arms and feel his embrace and hear Him say "I told you it'd be OK, I told you it'd be all right."  - Elder Holland (of course)

What could be more comforting?  I know God loves Limoero do Norte & I know God loves me & I know he loves y'all!

Have the best week!

xoxo

Seester Moon


This is my desk

This is the mission home

I GOT MY PACKAGE - Thank you so much


the PJ tradition is still alive!!! s/o sis Jeppsen and her mom!

his prayers are my favorite because he calls us angels. MY HEART


 Birthday Party for Elder Gomes da Silva

 Princesses of Limoeiro in the Princess of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment