Monday, January 11, 2016

Pe-laaaa Fé



What’s gucci pham?

This week I finish 3 months!  It’s felt like 3 years/3minutes at the same time  #trippy.   This week I also got a new companion & found out I’m staying in Limoeiro do Norte for at least 6 more weeks!  #blessed  because I didn’t bring my suitcases to Fortaleza or say bye to anyone!  My companion is really, really great!  Her name is Sister Freitás and is from Sau Paulo.  I feel like we’ve known each other forever.  She’s 4’11 (I think) the whole metric system conversion thing throws me off.  I remember king Henry died by drinking chocolate milk, but how does that help me weigh myself?!  Lol.  But anyways, Sister Freitas is so swag & I know we chose each other before this life to be comps.  We start /end every sentence with “MULHER” – woman or girrrl in Portuguese.  It’s my new favorite expression & I think its helping me reach my goal of becoming a sassy Latina.

We received lots and lots of rain this week!  Which was great because I was cold for once, but one particular day we were walking in muddy water past our calves with frogs EVERYWHERE.  It was kind of my worst nightmare & I mean that in the most dramatic way possible.  We were also a little bit lost because I don’t have a very good sense of direction & especially here in Limoeiro the roads aren’t marked very well at all.  Everything in our bags was wet (including our maps) & I just wanted to find a place I recognized so we could get back on the right path. 
We walked past a house with a really sweet old man standing in front & before we could even say “bom dia,” he said “Opa!”  “Come in!”  When we walked in, sister Freitas and I looked at each other and said “wow” because the spirit was so strong & present in their home!  We met his wife, some of his children and grandchildren and they’re committed to baptism!  YAY!

This has kind of been a pattern this week.  We get lost, I get a little bit annoyed with myself for not remembering directions (since I am not the one new to town like Sister Freitas), but we always find really really good people to teach!  Maybe we’ll keep trying to ‘get lost”?  I know in certain moments, especially when the frogs were jumping at my legs, I was thinking, “Father, why aren’t you helping us?  We have people to teach and things to do, and I hate frogs!”  I’m so happy that despite my complaining, He gave us some more of his children to teach and to love!

Love Y’all

Seester Lua

 I don't have any pics with my new companion yet!! sorry, but she is really nice.  She reminds me of Grandma Moon.  They have the same smile and she is really funny also.

 When Christmas is over, but your mixtape dropped


my favorite fruit EVER pitaya 




Mallory only has 30 minutes each Monday for emailing, so she hand writes her weekly letter and emails it and and other pictures that are then posted in this blog, then she reads and answers and writes emails to other and then she usually has a few minutes for some back and forth emails with mom.   Keli usually has a couple of questions...



Keli asked:  "So do you all teach a lot of lessons each day?  The sisters here in Allen were curious.
Mallory answered:  "We teach probably 12ish lessons a day, sometimes up to 20."



No comments:

Post a Comment