Monday, October 24, 2016

pois não





This week was so special because Elder Mark Bassett toured our mission, and held a mission conference with us. It was especially special, because I had the opportunity to be interviewed by him! We shook hands and sat down and he started to answer all of the questions that I had ready to ask him without me even asking! I was shocked and so happy to feel that Heavenly Father wanted to answer me, and he did so through Elder Bassett. It was cool because he is learning Portuguese right now, and he told me that we are going to talk in “portenglish” I tried to speak English like a normal person, but it was hard to find the words for some things!! Sister Nicoli is fluent in English so I think we are going to start training lol.

Speaking of Sister Nicoli, she is an angel!! And so fun! It is a dream come true to be comps. I don´t know if I said this last week or not, but our ward has another set of sisters now, and they stayed where almost all of the recent converts are and Sister Nicoli and I are starting in another neighborhood. It was so fun to see everyone at church on Sunday because I can´t visit them during the week now, and Edina (owner of the French fry truck) promised me to that she´s going to bring French fries every Sunday for church. Hahaha I told her that it´s ok and that I don´t need it but I have no doubts that everyone will be eating French fries on Sunday. #barraqueira

One thing that Elder Bassett told me that I loved was that in order to keep the feelings you have during “spiritual highs” like missions, or when you’re reading your scriptures every day, or when you´re going to the temple on the reg is to keep making sacrifices for other people. When Jesus was on the Earth, everything He did was for others.  He didn´t stop to do anything just for himself. Our lives are a little bit different because many times we have to do things for ourselves like (study, get a job, etc.), but the way that we will know Jesus the best, and try to be more like him is through serving others. Like the hymn “Have I Done any Good in the World Today”, if we just try a little bit every day to help someone smile, make someone´s day, or help someone out, our lives will be filled with love and purpose.


“My beloved (brothers and) sisters in Christ, God is real.
He lives.
He loves you.
He knows you.
He understands you.
He knows the silent pleadings of your heart.
He has not abandoned you.
He will not forsake you.
It is my testimony and apostolic blessing to each one of you that you will feel in your heart and mind  
this sublime truth for yourselves. Live in faith, dear friends, dearsisters, and “the Lord [our] God [will]  
increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!” –Deiter F. Uchtdorf



Eu amo vocês, viu!!!!
Sista Moon





Note from Mallory's parents.....  we received the following email with Subject Line "There is beauty in Brazil!" on Sunday 10/23/16...



Dear Brother and Sister Moon,

I just finished an assignment touring the Fortaleza Brazil East Mission. While there I had the privilege of interviewing your daughter. I am certain that you are very proud of her. You should be! She is bright, energetic and has the countenance of a powerful missionary. I was so impressed with her energy, her love for the people she serves and her testimony. Thank you for raising such a wonderful daughter.

I pray that you will recognize the blessings coming to you as a result of your missionary's service.

All my best to you from Brazil.

With admiration,

Elder W. Mark Bassett

Sent from my iPad






shoutouts to my bff!!!!



 Suelen´s baptism



Isaque and his saint angel mother Graça



Corbin Bleu/Isaque!!!! #coisamaisfofa





#8isgreat I love this family!




No comments:

Post a Comment