Monday, October 3, 2016

roberto claudio: pode ter certeza vai acontecer

Remember that feeling when summer ends, and it´s Sunday night, and school starts the next day?? That´s how I feel r because General Conference is over! Haha, it´s the best and the worst because you are excited for school, but you want summer to last forever. Wouldn´t it be great if we could drink Diet Coke and listen to the prophet and apostles talk all day every day?? I would love it, but then at the same time we would never have the opportunity to practice what we´ve learned and make the changes in our lives that the spirit told us we need to make. I loved, loved, loved this weekend! I want to read all of the talks all over again because I´ve already forgotten so much, but Deiter F. Uchtdorf´s talk about the Plan of Salvation became a treasure of my heart! I don´t remember exactly word for word what he said, but he asked the question, “remember the first time you believed that you really are a son/daughter of God? .. He then explained that “we tread the path covered in diamonds but we can rarely distinguish them from ordinary pebbles”. God´s plan is so perfect and so grand, but sometimes we fail to recognize who we really are & also who our Heavenly Father really is!

These past few weeks we have been teaching this to a woman named Katia and her daughters! She has a son who is serving a mission in São Paulo (the same mission as caylee shoutoutzzz), and her husband died two years ago. When we taught her about temples and that she will be able to see her husband again, she was so happy! Her eyes lit up and she felt a new kind of hope directly from Heavenly Father. It was amazing! She was baptized this week with her daughter Leticia, and the best friend of her son who is on a mission baptized them. It was incredible!

Fun Fact: this week ended the political propagandas in Fortaleza (HALLELUJAH), but the sad part was that I totally missed my chance to be on TV. I don´t know if I told yáll but a while ago I literally had a dream that I was hosting a talk show in Brazil, and then I was asked to do a TV interview in the street yesterday.  But since we don't get involved or respond to any political type questions, my dream of being on Brazilian TV came to a quick end. Ugh, missed chances ya feel!! haha

Paz & Blessings pham!!!!

Sista Moon







No comments:

Post a Comment