Monday, March 20, 2017

Eu Quero Ser Como Cristo

BOM DIA AMIGOS!!!
Tender Mercies/Things I learned this week:
  • This week we had a leadership meeting in Fortaleza, and it was so good to see everyone and say goodbye to everyone! I learned a lot about faith, and that our faith is a decision! President Leite talked a lot about how we can develop more faith, charity, hope, and different attributes of Christ. He said the best way to improve your faith is by helping someone else improve theirs. Somebody raised their hand and said “So if I make my companion really mad, I´ll help him develop patience!” Haha. But really, if we help the people around us increase their faith, our faith will grow as well.
  • We are teaching a family that I seriously love with all my heart! Carla, Reginaldo, Gilherme, and Miguel. Gilherme is already a member and he goes to church every Sunday with his grandmother and aunt, but we started to teach his parents Carla and Reginaldo. They are so cute and awesome! This week after we taught them, Gilherme wanted to say the prayer, and he asked Heavenly Father to help his parents feel what he feels and to help them be baptized. It was the cutest thing ever! Everyone was teary eyed. Prayers from eight year olds are the best.
  •  We ride the bus a lot here, but usually it´s different buses and we don´t see the same people. On Thursday we saw the same guy 3 times, and we started to talk to him. He was super interested in the church, and he said that he passes by every day, but he didn´t know if he was allowed to enter. He had so many good questions that we answered for him, and we noticed that almost everyone on the bus was paying attention and listening. We gave everyone pamphlets with the address of the church and it was one of the coolest experiences I´ve had. Generally the bus is noisy and crowded, but it was quiet and the spirit was so sweet. Heavenly Father prepares people in every place!

Luke 6:46-48:  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like:  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock:  and when the flod arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it:  for it was founded upon a rock.  

  •  I learned this week that when we ask to be guided by the spirit we need to follow whatever prompting we feel. This is how we build our house upon the rock!

The weeks are passing by so fast! I´m SO excited to see and talk to yáll, but I also want to use every moment to love my neighbor here while I can. It´s so bittersweet! BUT I want to ask for a present from everyone for my birthday & I`m stealing the idea from the Prophet Thomas S. Monson: Find someone who is sad or having a hard time, and do something kind for him or her! You will feel more joy than the person you helped. I promise!

Have the best week!!!
XOXOXO,
Sister Moon

[editor note:  the bullet points above are supposed to be little hearts, per Mallory's request, but I couldn't figure out how to accommodate her request, so just imagine it so..." ]

We are not sure if we will get another email because next week she travels to Fortaleza for training and then the following Monday she travels home [1 bus and 3 planes = 29 hours of travel time before arriving at Dallas Love Field at 9:27am on 4/5/17], so this may be the last installment from Brazil.



Bad weather day



 Sister Medeiros and Sister Amorim! We go home in two weeks!







Mallory making up time for not having a dog of her own

João Vitor surprised us with his new church clothes! Yesterday he received the priesthood.





We missed posting some pictures from a previous week (March 6), so here they are...

 João Vitor´s baptism

 We named him Oliver
 picture Beyonce´s "Survivor" playing in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment