Monday, July 25, 2016

Thoughts on the atonement

Mallory has not submitted a blog post in a couple of weeks, so we are just going to post part of her letter to her parents from this morning.....

....I have a new outlook on life in general that the more challenges Heavenly Father gives me the more He loves and trusts me to grow personally and to overcome them. On Sunday some good things happened! We found a man that is less active and his family and they are a really cool young family that doesn´t have problems with addictions or abuse and that’s honestly super hard to find, and his wife isn´t baptized yet. They also aren´t legally married so we are going to help them be married and then baptize his wife. They accepted our help so easily and they want to start going to church because they know it will help their family!

I also learned something new this week that added a new aspect to my testimony and is helping me teach better. I was studying the plan of salvation, and I was thinking about the pre-earth life, and how before we were born we probably witnessed Jesus´s life and how he suffered for us and how he did everything with love and was a perfect person. We probably watched his crucifixion also, and I imagine being really sad, but I imagine also almost cheering for him in a reverent way and hoping that he would be able to really do it so that we could all be saved. And then I was thinking about our lives right now, and how He is in Heaven watching us and cheering for us. I was trying to wrap my head around that he died for every single person, and how much one soul means to him. 

This week I tried to make every single person understand that they really are a special child of God, and it was cool to see them process that. When I´m constantly thinking about the atonement, it changes the way I teach. I teach more about repentance than basically anything. The struggle is that people don´t trust the atonement and don´t believe that they really can change! If more people understood that, everyone would repent and be baptized! ....




No comments:

Post a Comment