Monday, August 1, 2016

AYYY arraiá (like HI-YAH)

HI EVERYONE! Hugs, kisses & warm wishes!!!!
This week our ward basically had a tailgate/hoedown throwdown called arraiá/festa de julho. It was gabolice!!! I was loving it & felt so close to my roots! I didn´t take pictures of the food (shout outz chan shout out spokaneeats hehe), and I don´t know if it´s proposital, but everything is made of corn!! Ex: Corn cake, corn popsicles, corn soup, corn on the cob, popcorn.
Also, Vanessa, my gabolice gurl was baptized!! I LOVE this chick because she tells it like it is. For example, she told me: “ You sing in Portuguese better than you talk” lololol. For a while she was saying that she wanted nothing to do with baptism right now, but as she started to understand more about the atonement and about what Christ has done for her, on Friday she asked us if she could be baptized on Saturday! It was shocking, and perfect, and I know that Jesus was rejoicing like we were rejoicing because she has finally come to this conclusion on her own.
If there is anything that I know with more clarity now than before, it is that all of us can change. Heavenly Father loves every one of us unconditionally and perfectly! It´s our decision if we want to grow closer to him.
Beijous!!!
Sista LUA


 Vanessa's Baptism





an investigator cut all of her hair off & I think I want to make hair extensions out of it

No comments:

Post a Comment