Monday, August 29, 2016

sorrisos

This week was everything!!!
                Almost three months ago, during my first day in Ala Castelo, I met a woman who was hilarious and SO nice and so welcoming. She treated us like her own daughters before we even knew her! Her name is Edineusa, and she has a son who is serving a mission right now in Campinas. I asked her how long she had a been a member of the church, and she said, “I was never baptized, and I don´t plan on being baptized. I already go to church with my son and husband sometimes, so I´m Mormon, but I won´t be baptized!” After leaving her house, Sister Bispo and I both had the same prompting of the spirit telling us to try and teach her. On Friday, August 26, (when her son finished 1 year on his mission) she was baptized, and it was absolutely beautiful! Our mission president, Presidente Leite, and his wife and son came to watch and Presidente Leite spoke at her baptism. It was SO special and she felt so special. I LOVE Edineusa. I loved watching her receive and recognize her answer from Heavenly Father little by little. She told us before her baptism, “I understand that I really am a daughter of God, and he loves me”. Also, take note, that the normal baptism clothes did not cut it for this diva!! She had her baptism clothes made!! Another reason why I love her! Haha. We are so excited to hear about her son´s reaction to her baptism, today!
                I know that God hears and answers our prayers. He is always waiting for us to come to him. I´m so thankful for his love and grace for me and for all of his children!
LOVES AND HUGS,
Sister Moon
                P.S. Last night, we didn´t have electricity and the only lights we had were colored lights from our ihomes so we did everything in a dance party like setting and it was def an adventure!! Gotta love the daily surprises.
 Edineusa, her husband Jose da Luz, her grandaughter Eloah, and her son Emmanuel




 Mallory's companion and her mission president and his wife.

We asked Mallory how she got her mission president to come to one of their baptisms and she said that Edineusa wanted her baptism ordinance recorded for her son on his mission and President Leite said that we should not do that, rather, he would come and speak at it and they could record all but the ordinance and send that to him so that we will get to experience the special day of his mom.

 Tais' Baptism



 

No comments:

Post a Comment