Thursday, February 11, 2016

Ja Era

COMO VAI?!  And happy Carnaval!  I'm still not really sure what this week long holiday is for, but from what I've seen in Limoero, it's pretty calm here.  We got invited to a flour fight and I've seen a lot of people wearing wigs, but that's basically all I've seen of Carnaval.  Unfortunately, almost everyone used it as an excuse not to go to church with us on Sunday.  If I had a dollar for every..."but it's Carnavaaaaal.."

Sister Freitas and I also had a trip to Fortaleza last week.  it was my first time going there without a purpose that included conference, training or an interview, so it basically was a girls trip!  I just needed a certain vaccine & Limoero doesn't have it.  The clinic was actually in the other Fortaleza Mission area boundaries (I'm in Fortaleza East Mission) and the bus times were really spread out, so we had a lot of time to explore another mission!  We at at McDonalds #Halleluja, and we went  shopping in "Central."  Central is a huge market with lots of little shops for clothes, jewelry, shoes and souveniers.  It's like the real-life Brazil version of Etsy!  It felt weird being in another Mission's boundaries, but it was a lot of fun.

Mosquito Virus' are real and horrible and exactly what they're telling yall on the news is true.  My entire district got the same virus on Tuesday (2 days ago), but we're all survivors (almost).  It's spread through mosquitoes, but you could get it in water or your food and all of our investigators had it too.  I don't believe it was the zika virus, but whatever it was, I'll spare you all of the feverish details and just say that it started with passing out in a small clinic and that set the tone, haha.  The past few days have literally been a blur, and at the point when I absolutely felt the worst of the effects, I found comfort from The Spirit as one of my favorite primary songs came to mind..."Pray, He is there.  Speak, He is listening.  You are his child.  His love now surrounds you.  He hears your prayers...."

I'm almost better now and looking for mission life to get back to normal this week.

Love you all!

Seester Lua


p.s.shoutout - Happy Birthday today to McCall Anderson!

Photo from our trip to Fortaleza




 These three photos are from the backyard of our group leader, Neudo.  They have horses, cows, guinea pigs, etc. [explanation:  when I say 'group' I'm referring to our tiny congregation which has not been officially formed into a branch or a ward]





No comments:

Post a Comment