Monday, February 1, 2016

mo' melons mo' problems

Feliz Febz pFam!

What's new in America!?  Someone please tell me what's happening to Justin Beiber!  He's been on the news in Brazil, but without sound or captions.

This week, one of my first friends in Limoero was baptized!  Vilmar is a 71 year old homie!  Seriously, he's the best.  I remember the first time visiting him, and only knowing how to say "Hola! Tudo Bem?"  but he was so welcoming and would repeat certain phrases until I understood.  I think he even told me I was speaking really well, which I knew was the biggest  lie!  But that is who he is!  He is SO kind.  Deciding to get baptized was not easy for him at all!  I can't imagine changing 71 years of habits, and he also has a fear of water, but he trusted everything in the Lord and followed the answer he received.  #tears  #quelinda

Also, we think/know our house is haunted!  Haha its actually so scary, but funny at the same time.  Lots of creepy things have happened, but the funniest is something I feel like Mckall would do (s/o love ya).  So we had this watermelon, and one day Sister Freitas walked into our room and asked me if I carved the name "Antonia" in the watermelon...I was so confused by the question!  We asked Sister Jeppsen and Sister Lemeu, and they didn't either, obviously.  We still don't know how it got there and other weird things have been happening, so we dedicated our house this week.

This week was also a milestone because I gave my first talk in portuguese!  I had to kind of yell because we don't have a microphone, and I had to talk over big fans, but it went really well!  Yelling talks is fun because you can throw in a "Halleluja" or "Amen" and it's totally normal.  I was a little bit nervous because I didn't have time to prepare, but the words were there!  #PTL

This week should be pretty chill because Carnival starts next week!  (kind of like Mardi Gras, but hot) #turnt  I just hope my favorite bakeries aren't closed.  #prayersplz

Love you all!  Especially you mom & dad!

Tchau, um beijo!

Seester Moon

Also, happy day late bday, Han!  LOVE YOU!



1 comment:

  1. I love your letters Mallory!! I often find myself laughing out loud when I read them #Hallelujah #Amen. Keep up the good work. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete