Monday, February 29, 2016

holla for a dolla

OLAAAA!
Happy almost march party people! I hope everyone is happy and healthy and loving life. I am loving my new area. It´s super different, but it´s really awesome at the same time. I´ve been getting the funniest questions this week. 
"Does the United States have mosquitoes too?"
"Do you know Barack Obama?" (but pronounced bahuk oohbuma)
"What´s my name in English?"
We had a mission conference this week & Presidente Fusco talked a lot about "Loving our Neighbor" (lol companion #ficadica). He said that we can love every single person in Fortaleza, and help everyone solve their problems, but if we don´t love our companion then it´s basically for nothing. I agree with this 100%! It´s really easy to love strangers and friends and people that we´re not super close with, but why is it so hard to have patience and love for the people that we´re with 25/8!? Luckily #GRAÇAS I´ve had really good companions so far, but It´s definitely something I can improve and always strive to be a better/more Christ-like COMPANHEIRA. 
Also, I had one day/night at the casa de apoio this week!! It was so fun. I love that place. It´s literally my second home because we stayed their so much when I lived in the interior part of our mission whenever we had to do things in Fortaleza. I was there to do a "Division" with our swaggie sister training leaders. So one of them went to my area and stayed with my comp, and I went to their area and stayed with Sista Mancipe. LOVE THE GIRL. She´s from Colombia and basically Pocohantus. We were in one house when this guy started going crazy (we were in another room) but he was yelling and throwing pots and pans, and I gave Sister Mancipe the "vamos mulher lets go look", and she wanted to pray for them before leaving #goals. We prayed, and literally right after we heard the door close and he left. We were able to talk to everyone else that was there, and it was super calm. 

PRAYER WORKS. 
Say your prayerz & give lots of hugs with two cheek kisses (my new normal haha),
SISTA MOOn

p.s. I'm still so happy for my brother Mason and for BYU.  He's going to love it.
 The view from our apartment

An investigator had tons of puppies!

Sister Mancipe!  aka Pocahantus

No comments:

Post a Comment