Wednesday, June 22, 2016

sei não viu (May 23rd letter)

BOM DIA & Happy day late birthday, Mom! 

Everyday this week was lit!
 
Sister C. Silva and I were talking today about all of the miracles that we have been seeing, and I feel so lucky and happy to be serving in this area. Our area is GIANT. It is an entire city with lots of different neighborhoods & we don´t have the option to ride buses here, so we have to be smart & really rely on the spirit when we make decisions about where to go/who to visit. On Sunday we needed to stop at lots of houses before church to bring people church & we ended up not having enough time to stop for 4 more really important people. We ended up finding one of them riding his bike on the street of the church, and a member offered to search for the others. Everything fell in to place in the last minute, and it was a reminder for me that I need to trust more in Heavenly Father that he will take care of everything for me. 
 
I don´t want to waste one second of my time here being stressed out about things that are out of my control, and I think the solution to this is to have A LOT of faith in Christ!
 
I love this quote from Thomas S. Monson 
"May we choose to build up within ourselves a great and powerful faith which will be our most effective defense against the designs of the adversary- a real faith. The kind of faith which will sustain us and will bolster our desire to choose the right. Without such faith, we go nowhere. With that, we can accomplish our goals."
 
HAHA I just remembered another example of Heavenly Father really working everything out for us. Sister C. Silva and I planned an activity for the youth & for all of their friends last week, and LOTS of youth came! We planned on playing volleyball/soccer at this place that is kind of like a rec center & it´s usually always open. We showed up with everyone, and it was closed! The closest soccer field was really far away, and it was really hot, and we had cocacola & food & lots of things to carry. A drivers ed bus appeared out of no where & Sister C. Silva and I are crazy so we flagged down this bus & asked him if we could pay him to drop us off at the soccer field, and  The drivers ed teacher was like "no it´s for free, it´s this guy´s first time driving", and so we yelled at everyone to get in the bus & it was perfect! haha we even had air conditioning for 15 minutes & nobody died. #thelittlethings
 
Love you all!! Have a fab week.
Sista Moon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment