Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tell Me the Stories of Jesus

I´m alive! I didn´t have the chance to email yesterday on pday because we had our last mission conference with President Fusco, and it was so sad! BUT, I´m grateful for the chance to learn from two mission presidents, and for all of the things I learned from President and Sister Fusco that I can keep in my heart forever. Yesterday, Sister Fusco talked about the stories of Jesus in the Bible, and especially OUR stories of Jesus in our missions. She had everyone think about the times in the last week when Jesus touched our hearts, or helped us with something, and lots of us shared our experiences. I loved this activity because I was able to reflect on how present he is! I want to share three of these “stories” with yáll.

#1 Sister Bispo and I are working in an area that had 4 missionaries and now only 2 of us are here and we have been really challenged lately with how big our area is/how many people need our visits/getting kind of lost/people not opening their hearts/etc. While I was feeling kind of discouraged with all of the responsibilities that we have, I looked at the sky and it was the prettiest pink that I´ve ever seen. I felt at that moment that Jesus was trying to tell me that it will all work out. I felt the strongest peace in my heart to know that the Savior of the entire world wanted to comfort me.
#2 Right now we are teaching a cute girl named Evila, and she is hilarious and bright and awesome! She is passing through a lot of difficulties in her life, but on Sunday she told me casually - “I´ve been praying every day since last week to know if the church is true” and I then asked “Did you  receive an answer yet?” and she said “Ya, I received answer on Tuesday, but I keep asking because I love the joy I feel in my heart every time I ask.” How wonderful is our Savior for creating this joy in our lives!
#3 On Thursday, Sister Bispo and I went to the Center of Fortaleza (the other mission lol) for the second time to try to help a couple document the day of their wedding. We lost a lot of time because it´s far away, and there were problems with different documents, so we returned to our area really late! All of our plans fell through, and we decided to say a prayer and ask where we should go. When we opened our eyes we saw a man sitting in front of his house almost like he was waiting for us. We started talking to him, and he offered to introduce us to his family. I felt the spirit so strongly while teaching them in their house! They were SO nice, and it felt like we had known them for years. I know that Jesus, through the Holy Ghost, guides all of our paths, and that when we are following him and trying to help others follow him, we can´t go wrong.
Next week, President Leite will arrive, and it will be so awesome to get to know him and his family! I´m loving my companheira & my new area & everything is all good.

Xoxo,
Sister Moon

 Alexia's Baptism


 Alexia's dad couldn't be there, but soon it will be his baptism and Nilda's


 Sister Freitas (in the middle) and all of her "filhas" (sisters that she trained)


 We're still the two best friends that anyone could have!!!




 I love Sister Beihl (she is a married missionary from South BR that works in the mission home)



 we chillin





My last district

Spotted eating dinner on a facebook post 

No comments:

Post a Comment